Callbox Profiles Key In-House List for Government Agency, Lifts Email KPIs
As part of the government agency responsible for overseeing international trade in its home country, the Client facilitates trade relations with private companies overseas. The Client maintains an extensive database of key contacts from exporters and importers located in partner countries.
The office’s foreign companies list consists of around 25,000 contacts acquired from different sources, such as signup forms, internal research, tradeshow events, and publicly available documents. The list makes up the backbone of the Client’s promotion activities and information drive, as well as the main distribution list for the agency’s monthly newsletter.
The Client recently started a planned update and migration of its various data resources. A data audit revealed that the agency’s foreign companies list contained a very high number of potential data quality issues, including missing values, duplicate entries, and outdated fields.
With tight timetables for the data migration project, the Client sought the help of a third-party provider to scrub and update its foreign companies list. Following a thorough procurement process, officials chose Callbox after taking into account price competitiveness, data management capabilities, and track record.
- Cleaned and updated a Southeast Asian government agency’s contact list of overseas exporters and importers
- Enriched Client’s database with targeted information collected from various sources
- Helped improve Client’s outbound campaigns with highly accurate and up-to-date data
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
Callbox carried out a data cleaning and data profiling campaign for the Client. The campaign was designed with the agency’s very particular requirements and timelines in mind.
- The data cleaning phase of the campaign was scheduled and completed during the first two weeks.
- A battery of database scrubbing activities were performed on the Client’s foreign companies list, including de-duplication, error correction, and record standardization.
- The data cleaning workflow consisted of both manual and automated processes which made use of Callbox’s suite of list health tools.
- After completing the data cleaning activities, the Callbox team verified and updated each list record through one-on-one calls with contacts, which consisted of senior and C-level executives from multiple countries and locations.
- Desk research helped enrich the Client’s database by supplying missing values and appending new information mined from different sources.
- Accuracy of each list entry was guaranteed through cross-referencing with Callbox’s own records and using different data sources to validate fields.
The whole campaign took two months to complete (or 44 days), which was well within the Client’s required timeline. The first two weeks were spent on data cleaning, while the remaining six weeks were allocated for data profiling.
The Callbox team profiled a total of 24,952 records and worked to achieve 99.5% accuracy for the final list.
Three months after receiving the cleaned and profiled database, the Client reported 1.3x higher delivery rates, 70% fewer bounces, and across-the-board improvement in their email engagement/response metrics.