LinkedIn, the unassuming, yet powerful tool in lead generation, can be just the thing you need in social media marketing. Well, it may not have the schmaltz and popularity that Facebook or Twitter enjoys, but its quiet nature of connecting professionals across the globe makes it the social media network of choice when looking for potential sales leads, new people in the organization, or simply just a safe place that tells your prospects that you are professional enough for the job you want. Now, for some people, this network seems to be intimidating, but it does not have to be like that. As long as you can follow these tips, then you are on your path on the LinkedIn road. So, what are these tips you should follow?
- Start leaving recommendations for 1st degree network connections that you feel are worth it. They will love you for that, as well as increase your presence in the social media circles.
- Invest a good amount of time at the very start in making your profile neat, comprehensive, and impressive enough for those who might be viewing at it later on. You can never tell where you career might go.
- Always spend time to update your LinkedIn profile. Remember, you want to have a presence in the market, right? And you have to do it consistently. Even if it is just for a few minutes, at least you can do something positive in your profile.
- When looking for someone to, say, work in your telemarketing team, use plenty of search terms in advanced search to do the job. Usually, it does work, but it if not, then try narrowing it down to fewer terms until you hit the jackpot.
- Do your researches on someone before you go to a business meeting with them or conduct an interview. LinkedIn can be a great repository of public information that your company may be able to use for the job.
- Before you hire someone or offer the job, check first on LinkedIn regarding some details about them. This will not only help you really get the right people for the job, it will also assist you in the interview with your prospective job hires.
- Ask questions through LinkedIn. This would be really useful in making your market research easier to do.
- Scan your Network updates in case there are any new news that may interest you. You can never tell what information that you can glean in order to help in your sales leads campaigns.
- Use the LinkedIn Status Update function (Share an Update) in order to inform your network of what you are doing, as well as any company announcement that you would like to make.
See, it is not that difficult to navigate through LinkedIn. As long as you can do these basic functions, you will be able to enjoy the benefits of improved lead generation and appointment setting efforts. This might be your luck.