Whether to promote a special offer or have a poll or a survey to get feedback from your customers, social media is one way to connect with your prospects and increase brand awareness. It’s also a great source of leads for your business.
According to a report from State of Inbound 2017, social media can generate almost 100% more leads than other channels – content marketing, telemarketing, referrals, outbound mailing or calling, etc.
How? The best way to close a deal is to build a relationship with prospects until they’ve reached the final stage of their buying process. According to a data below from socialmedianews.com.au, there is no doubt that social media is a good way to communicate and nurture prospects.
- Facebook – 17,000,000 Monthly Active Australian Users (steady)
- YouTube – 15,500,000 UAVs
- WordPress.com – 5,500,000
- Instagram – 5,000,000 Monthly Active Australian Users (FB/ Instagram data)
- WhatsApp – 4,500,000 Active Australian Users
- LinkedIn – 4,200,000 Monthly Active Australian Users approx
- Snapchat – 4,000,000 DAILY Active Australian Users (Snapchat data)
- Tumblr – 3,800,000
- Twitter – 3,000,000 Monthly Active Australian Users approx
- Tinder – 2,700,000 Australian users (my estimation)
- TripAdvisor – 2,600,000
- WeChat – 2,500,000 Monthly Active Australian Users approx – (my estimation)
- Yelp – 1,500,000
- Blogspot- 1,300,000
- Flickr – 480,000
- Pinterest – 290,000
- Reddit – 100,000
- MySpace – 80,000
- Google Plus – 60,000 Monthly active Australian users approx – (my estimation)
- RenRen – 50,000 Monthly Active Australian Users approx – (my estimation)
- StumbleUpon – 39,000
- Weibo – 20,000 Monthly Active Australian Users approx – (my estimation)
- Foursquare/Swarm – 11,000
- Digg – 10,000
- Periscope – 9,000
- Delicious – 7,000
- Approx 50% of the Australian population logs into Facebook on a daily basis.
- WhatsApp has close to 5 million active users in Australia
- A significant proportion of the Chinese community in Australia use Chinese social media tools like WeChat, RenRen and Weibo and these networks are growing.
- LinkedIn now reports there are 8 million registered users in Australia, just over half of this number log in every month.
Here are some social media statistics every marketer can use as a reference for a successful lead generation campaign:
- It has more than 1.28 billion active users from around the world
- Up to 32% of Facebook users unlike a brand because of uninteresting post
- Another 28% unlike because of too many posts
- 47% said Facebook is their #1 influencer of purchases
- 70% of Marketers use Facebook to gain new customers
- Twitter has 500 million registered users
- And has more than 255 million average monthly active users
- 80% of world’s head of state have twitter account
- 34% of marketers use Twitter to successfully generate leads
- Twitter is the fastest growing network with a 44% growth form 2012-2013
- Google+ has 1billion enabled accounts
- It has 359 million monthly active users
- It’s annual growth rate is 33%
- Predicted to surpass Facebook in 2016
More than just being the center of social interactions, social media are business hubs that offer great marketing opportunities. Use these opportunities to have a stronger grasp on your market. Above all, don’t always become reliant on the classic theories of marketing. Use hard facts and statistics.
More than just the shallow logic behind these numbers, marketers should see a more diverse and deeper understanding of these statistical data. We can only see a tweet, likes, and shares but not the age, area, and gender. Without using a demographic-based data its most marketing plan will fail.
This year, only 47% (down by 1% from last year) of SMBs have social media presence. While 79% of Aussies are on social media.
At least 64% of consumers trust a brand with positive interactions on social media. Social media is a very powerful business channel. Immediately establish your presence in it to gain marketing leverage and a more effective lead generation. So It’s time to start having social media presence. But keep in mind, statistics will change, so learn to adapt.