Mobile Platform Deepens Pool of Potential Merchant Partners in SG Campaign
Headquartered in South Korea, The Client established its Singapore office in 2012, providing a suite of integrated marketplace platforms tailored for the local online and mobile commerce segments. This included its flagship social discovery app launched in 2013 that allowed users to share and recommend places of interest in Singapore.
One of the app’s key selling points was that it featured an extensive network of merchant partners that actively engaged users with exclusive offers and promos. The app gave participating merchants an added channel for having real-time conversations with customers, improving brand visibility through user-generated content and micro-influencers, as well as gaining valuable customer insights and contextual marketing information.
Several months after releasing the app, the Client wanted to accelerate the growth of its merchant partner network in response to very positive user adoption numbers. This led the company to consider implementing targeted marketing tactics alongside its inbound marketing efforts.
But with little experience in direct marketing and much of its marketing resources already tied up in existing programs, the Client realized the best way forward was to work with a third-party provider that specialized in targeted outreach.
• Launched a multi-touch campaign that helped accelerate the Client’s partner acquisition efforts
• Increased the number of potential merchant partners from SG retailers in the Client’s pipeline
• Expanded both branding and revenue potential with high decision maker reach rates
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
The Client chose Callbox after reviewing a shortlist of marketing agencies, pointing to Callbox’s long-term experience deploying successful campaigns in Singapore as the deciding factor.
Callbox and the Client then developed a campaign plan that combined emails and phone calls delivered as a sequence of multiple touches. The main campaign objectives included:
Callbox completed the campaign in six months (or 132 days at 22 days per month), and handed off a total of 129 qualified appointments and 302 verified leads to the Client.
Since the campaign followed a multi-touch cadence that started with email activities designed to initiate contact, the Callbox team only began generating appointments near the end of the first month. Once the nurtured contacts began converting, the campaign was able to consistently deliver between 18 to 25 qualified appointments each month.
The Callbox team also achieved a relatively high decision maker reach rate of around 24% and, by the end of the campaign, the team connected with a total of 3,045 decision makers.
The Client projected that 80% of the appointments generated in the campaign would convert into qualified sales opportunities, with 60% turning into signups. That translates to 62 potential new merchant partners for the Client’s social discovery app.
Cloud Consulting Firm’s Sales Outlook Drifts Higher with Callbox
The Client’s core mission is to help companies implement and optimize Microsoft Dynamics AX and CRM applications. It sells its services primarily to large- and mid-sized businesses in verticals such as distribution, manufacturing, and professional services.
The company recently refocused its marketing initiatives toward growing the customer base for its three industry-specific modules: industrial, professional services, and AX users. Part of its new customer acquisition strategy called for targeting prospects throughout the U.S via outbound channels.
Being a small company (with only 35 employees), the Client clearly needed some outside help carrying out many of its marketing activities. Past experience has taught the company that its small team of in-house sales reps was best deployed following up qualified leads and nurturing opportunities, instead of spending a great deal of their time prospecting.
Once the company finalized its requirements, the Client began looking for a potential outsourcing partner that could:
1. Identify accounts that fit the target customer profile for each of the Client’s three modules
2. Qualify contacts for each identified account by gauging purchase intent and solution fit
3. Collect additional prospect information to be used by its in-house reps
• Completed a 6-month US-wide appointment setting project for a leading enterprise cloud consulting firm
• Generated high-value sales appointments for conversion within the next 12 months
• Increased prospect quantity and quality by combining phone calls with emails and social media
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
The Client chose Callbox at the suggestion of one of its partner IT companies. The Client pointed out that Callbox’s marketing experience in the enterprise cloud space was a deciding factor.
Callbox then put together a 6-month appointment setting program consisting of six monthly campaigns. Each campaign focused on a specific segment for the company’s three main modules. The entire project made use of live phone outreach integrated with email and social media activities.
The six campaigns ran for a total of six months. In each of the campaigns, a good part of the first half was spent warming up prospects and doing research. This meant that much of the initial campaign activities focused on email marketing and social media. For the entire project, emails and LinkedIn produced the following results:
• Email delivery rate: 99.4%
• Email open rate: Up to 38.3%
• Email reply rate: Up to 5.13%
• LinkedIn connections: 1,492
• LinkedIn groups: 144
• LinkedIn leads: 6
Live conversations with prospects generated the following results:
• 21 qualified appointments
• 2 completed leads
Most of these results were recorded during the closing stages of each campaign. The Client says that all 21 appointments meet their sales criteria, so they expect to convert around half (or 11) of these prospects within the next 6 to 12 months.
Big Tech Brand Reaps Rewards from Long-term Partnership with Callbox
Marketing in complex-sale verticals, such as IT and manufacturing, carries a special set of challenges. The conversion funnel is usually longer and nonlinear, and the process requires connecting with multiple decision-makers. That’s on top of the relatively steep learning curve needed to understand and communicate what the product or service brings.
For the Client, these form the basic requirements when teaming up with third-party agencies that handle part of their marketing programs. The company combines inbound efforts (mainly done in-house) with outbound tactics (mostly outsourced to providers). Prospecting and lead generation are the activities that the Client typically delegates to an outside marketing company.
The Client recently decided to look for a new marketing partner as part of its renewed focus on Southeast Asia. The company needed an outbound agency with the scope to help it cover new segments in its target areas ((Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam), as well as the scale to generate prospects from companies in its target industries.
More importantly, the Client wanted a lead generation company they could work with on a long-term basis. This would accelerate deployment of campaigns and keep the messaging more consistent.
• Launched a long-term marketing partnership with one of Asia’s biggest tech brands
• Helped the Client reach event turnout targets
• Handed off high-potential sales appointments
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
The Client reviewed proposals sent by Callbox and two other marketing agencies. All three had considerable experience managing companies’ APAC campaigns, but Callbox was able to provide case studies and references showing projects with longer-term commitments. The Client placed a great deal of emphasis on this key differentiator and signed up with Callbox.
The project kicked off a few weeks before a company-sponsored event. The Callbox team worked closely with the Client to put together a call-to-invite campaign aimed at boosting turnout:
1. The event revolved around driving awareness and generating leads for its SAP services and solutions.
2. The target attendees mainly consisted of decision-makers in IT, Operations, and Finance from Singapore-based manufacturing firms. The Client wanted to focus on companies not using SAP Business One.
3. Once Client approved the call list and campaign materials, Callbox then launched a one-month (22-day) call-to-invite campaign.
Choosing Callbox for Sage Lead Generation Proven to be Wise Decision
The Client is the IT services arm of its mother company which is one of the largest global accounting and consulting network in Asia and in other 120 countries.
The rapid growth in number of IT companies and the seemingly similar products and services offered tend to cause confusion among business owners on which IT service provider would best fit to address their IT needs, and the Client was not spared from such.
The conventional “WIIFM” (what’s in it for me) would not make any difference at all, the IT expert thought. So the “what” was replaced with “why” as (why is it for me) for their campaign to make target customers understand why they should choose the Client as their IT provider instead of simply knowing what they offer. The campaign was successfully carried out with Callbox.
• Validated contact details via Customer Profiling campaign
• Filtered most active contacts via the Pipeline Lead Nurture Tool
• Ensured solid appointments via the Smart Calling system
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
1. Though the Client had tried their best to keep their database in top condition, they still opted to have it validated by the Callbox team.
2. Using the Pipeline Lead Nurture tool, the Callbox team sent an initial single-page email that contained an overview of the Client’s products and services with very limited information but included teasers of a current customer’s success story to pique the prospect’s interest.
3. Active responses like opened emails, website visits, clicked links, and queries were tracked and saved for follow-up calls.
4. Invalid emails (bounces) and contact details were updated upon speaking with the prospect.
1. Callbox utilized its SMART Calling system in order to reach the right prospects at the time they are most available to talk.
2. The probing questions were not the usual that would simply draw the prospect’s needs but rather carry out realization in them what the previous strategy/provider has done to achieve their goals. Thus most prospects admitted results were below expectations.
3. Upon reaching this point of conversation, agent proposed to set appointment with the Client’s IT consultants and invite prospects to an IT seminar.
4. In order to ensure a solid appointment, Callbox agents sent a calendar invite along with a short but specific email containing information about the Client’s products and services that are probable answers to the prospect’s identified issues.
The first month of the campaign generated 12 appointments and 4 registrations, but as the Calbox team got more familiar with the the target market and customer profiles, appointments delivered almost tripled in the second month with 34.
In the third month, another 12 appointments were generated with 6 registrations; 16 for the fourth month and 12 on the fifth month of the campaign.
The numbers escalated once again in the sixth month with 22 appointments and decreased a bit in the seventh month with 13 appointments and 8 registrations. While the eighth month took a bit of a hit with 3 appointments. The ninth month made up for the dip in numbers with 20 appointments and the tenth month closed out with 5.
The 10-month campaign generated a total of 149 appointments and 18 registrations. It is worth noting, however, that the Client is still counting more appointments and registrations as they go into the eleventh month, or technically, the first month following the end of the 10-month campaign.
IT Firm Picks Callbox’s ‘Consultative Fit’, Hits Goals in Ongoing Campaign
The Client is a pure IT consulting and professional services company offering design, configuration, implementation, business analyst, and general consultancy services. The Client specializes in the security, virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI), and Cloud services markets.
With over eight years of experience in the IT consulting and professional services space, the Client now ranks as one of the most trusted service providers in the industry and has successfully partnered with companies like Citrix Systems, AppSense, Blue Coat, and Apple (mobility).
The Client started out in 2009 as a white-label supplier of IT services to vendors and resellers. These companies would subcontract the Client to perform services on their behalf, often without the end customers knowing about the Client’s involvement. In 2014, the company refocused toward directly providing services to enterprises and organizations.
This move presented a bit of a branding conundrum for the company. The main challenge was finding a way to embed its extensive experience as an IT subcontractor for specific VDI, cloud services, and security verticals in the value proposition for its new business model.
For that reason, the Client undertook a massive marketing program that simultaneously focused on branding and customer acquisition. The customer acquisition plan highlighted nurturing leads in-house with the Client’s marketing team while delegating top-of-funnel prospecting activities to a third-party agency.
The Client chose Callbox as its outsourced marketing partner due to a number of factors, with the main one being the “consultative fit” that Callbox’s marketing solutions offered. The Client pointed out that taking a consultative approach to a project (rather than a purely engineering perspective) was their key differentiator and that Callbox was also able to demonstrate this by being more of a marketing advisor than a marketing agency. Given the Client’s marketing goals, the challenge is two-fold:
• Finding and identifying qualified opportunities for the Client’s customer acquisition efforts
• Generating awareness about the Client’s different IT consulting and professional services
• Planned and executed an ongoing appointment setting campaign for an IT services company
• Reached and engaged IT managers, CIOs, and CTOs in AU and NZ via phone, email and social media
• Stayed on target at each phase of the campaigncleansed and up-to-date contact list
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
Both the Callbox team and the Client agree that an integrated appointment setting campaign best meets the latter’s requirements. The campaign primarily consists of phone-based conversations enhanced with email and social media touch points.
In addition, the campaign timeline is divided into weekly or biweekly segments, with each segment focusing exclusively on a specific solution that the Client offers. These include BlueCoat, Zscaler, Radware, Apple, and CheckPoint—along with general consultancy services, business analyst services, and other IT project services. Other key campaign activities are as follows:
1. Prior to the start of the campaign, the Callbox team compiled and profiled the prospect list comprised of IT managers, CIOs, and CTOs from companies headquartered or operating in Australia and New Zealand.
2. Since the campaign is made up of different phases, the Callbox team prepares campaign materials for each stage. These are sent to the Client for review and approval.
3. Call scripts are based on a list of eight probing questions given by the Client. Each script gauges a prospect’s need and fit for a specific IT product or solution.
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
1. The campaign uses two types of email messages:
A. Intro/follow-up emails
B. Targeted send-outs
Intro/follow-up emails help warm up and nurture phone prospects, while targeted send-outs are intended for prospects who request more information.
2. The Callbox team does the bulk of the campaign’s email marketing activities through the Pipeline Lead Nurture tool. This ensures targeted,
personalized, and timely emails.
3. The campaign team applies best practices and precautions to avoid spam complaints and to maintain good sender reputation.
1. The campaign also uses LinkedIn to reinforce the touch points made with the phone-based appointment setting activities, adding positive phone contacts as LinkedIn connections.
2. The Callbox team also carries out branding and reputation building activities on LinkedIn.
3. The team’s social media specialists manage the LinkedIn account on behalf of the Client.
At time of writing, the campaign has completed three
months’ worth of multi-channel appointment setting activities and is already at the final week of its fourth month.
Like most of Callbox’s integrated appointment setting projects, the early stages of the Client’s campaign primarily revolved around email activities for warming up prospects and refining the campaign focus. Open rates for the bulk send-outs reached 10.2%, 11.4%, and 23.0% for the first, second, and third months, respectively. The campaign was also able to maintain hard bounces and unsubscribes within acceptable limits.
Since the campaign calendar is subdivided into weekly or biweekly segments that focus on a particular IT solution, the overall monthly appointment setting results tend not to follow a definite trend.
The campaign, so far, has generated the followingmonthly outcomes:
• First month: 14 appointments
• Second month: 8 appointments
• Third month: 7 appointments and 3 leads completed
The campaign is still ongoing and, so far, it has delivered 29 appointments. Since these appointments have been qualified using a highly targeted set of parameters, the Client expects to move 80% of these appointments further down the funnel as sales-qualified Leads (SQLs). In addition, the company has a track record of closing 30% to 40% of SQLs after 6 months in the pipeline. This means that the Client can
potentially generate up to 9 new customers from this leg of the campaign.
Callbox Prints Out Success For ICT Leader
The Client is the largest HP partner in Asia, providing intelligent applications and innovative solutions and offers a wide portfolio of print devices.
Any business with printing needs with main focus on Financial Institutions & Manufacturing Plants.
TARGET DECISION MAKERS
IT Manager, HR Administrator, Procurement/Purchasing Manager, Buyer, Office Administrator, General Manager, Person-In-Charge of printers and photocopies
The Client consistently delivers the best print and copy solutions for their customers – a potent commitment which brought them successes in revenue and customer care since the company’s inception in 2005.
But as years passed, market competition has become tougher and the primal revenue target of 20% per year showed a dramatic decline in recent years, dipping to only 13%-15%. Due to this decline, the Client felt the urgency to regain what they’ve lost and immediately acted on the issue by taking the next best steps – looking for an outsourced lead generation partner and deciding on Callbox.
• Use of 5 marketing channels
• Warming up prospects via Lead Nurture Tool
• Increased contact rates via Callbox’s SMART Calling
• Lost revenue regained
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
1. Callbox validated contact details in the database to ensure accuracy by sending initial emails with overview on the total print managed services.
2. Active responses like opened emails, website visits, clicked links, downloads and queries were tracked via the Pipeline Lead Nurture Tool and saved for follow-up.
3. Invalid emails (bounces) and contact details were corrected updated upon speaking with the decision maker.
1. Active contacts were prioritized and followed up via different channels (call, email, social, web and mobile) based on the prospect’s business buying behavior which was made possible by Callbox’s SMART Calling process.
2. At least 4 out of 6 probing questions should be answered by prospects to provide the Client’s consultants substantial data, a requirement fully complied by the team.
3. Prospects who agreed to speak with the Client were sent calendar invites to keep them reminded of the appointment schedule.
4. After each call, regardless whether the prospect agreed for an appointment or not, agents offered to share/send pertinent information about the program to prospects to ensure familiarity and build a higher chance of conversion in the next follow up call.
Location: United Kingdom
Headquarters: United Kingdom
The Client is a 50-year old market leader that provides high technology tools and systems like desktop, portable, handheld XRF and OES materials identification and analysis systems, as well as coating thickness measurement and gauging instrumentation to industrial customers with diverse needs. They design and manufacture equipment that can fabricate, analyze and manipulate matter at the atomic and molecular levels.
Campaign Target Criteria
Location: Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam and Korea
Industry: Steel Manufacturing, Foundries, Automotive Manufacturers
Decision Maker: Quality Manager
The Client, although prided with the value proposition of providing A1 screening tools for fast and accurate analysis of the widest variety of materials, truthfully admitted that coping with global competitions would be difficult to achieve without a partnership with some significant sectors like sales and marketing. Their products’ key benefits (point and shoot, verification in seconds, rapid, reliable and rugged, non-destructive testing and no sample preparation, easy to carry) were first-rate features that set them apart from competitors but were hardly positioned to their target customers’ attention due to some deferring areas in the business process that withheld progress and expansion goals:
The Callbox Solution
As an industry expert on providing sales and marketing solutions to a global market, Callbox, upon its initial discussion with the Client deemed the course unique and framed a fitting solution for the aforementioned concerns.
The Client saw their database as obsolete as the last update was done over 3 years ago, but Callbox’s customer profiling service recreated the list as new.
The Callbox team first sent out initial emails to the current list to see which contacts were still active by tracking replies and actions like website visits, clicked links and downloads. Those emails contained a one-page informational content which included CTAs like links to landing pages about specific subjects the target would be interested to see, website links, Q&A boxes and downloadable collaterals. Inactive contacts were scrubbed off to leave room for newly acquired ones.
Active contacts in the old list and the newly acquired database which was provided by the Callbox team, were then called by the agent to verify all pertinent information like contact name, business name, business address, active phone numbers, email addresses, social media accounts and industry focus.
Both lists were then deduplicated to ensure calling time and effort were maximized throughout the duration of the campaign.
The final action in the lead generation program was appointment setting. The Callbox team meticulously drafted a script for the campaign which would uncover the target’s concerns at base level. Only three key probing questions were asked of the target but were surefire to uncover the prospect’s pain points. This opened an avenue for the Client to speak with their target prospects how their products and services would benefit their business.
The combined lists from the Client and Callbox totaled to 4,894 profiled and updated records. The three-point probing approach unleashed significant answers from the prospects which were instrumental to the Client in tailor-fitting solutions for them.
Out of the 4,894 records, the Callbox team generated 93 appointments and 51 warm follow ups, and before the three-month campaign ended, the Client was already preparing proposals for three large companies.
The technology leader concluded that indeed, with Callbox’s Appointment Setting program, business advancement and expansion were imminent.
Industry: Ecommerce Consulting
Location: Dover, PA
Headquarters: Dover, PA
The Client is a seasoned technology services provider and prides itself with a 17-year experience in e-retail services and 16 years of providing non-stop technology consulting solutions. The extensive technology background of their consultants in customizing top solutions for their clients needs enables them to widely cater to different industry types and sizes.
Campaign Type: Appointment Setting
Campaign Target Criteria
Industry: Retail, Manufacturing
Decision Makers: E- Commerce/Marketing/Advertising Director
As a technology consulting solutions expert, the Client provides a variety of services like catalog management, e-retail design and development, storefront software support, ROI optimization, Google utilization, order and inventory management, SEO, integration, product data feeds, product data cleansing, email marketing and the full service package from evaluation to analysis to tailor the best fitting solution.
The extensive solutions they provide have brought in long-term clients and have resulted to high ROI for the business. However, recent years have seen meager production of new business deals due to some challenges that were caused by the following:
The Client opened themselves to options that could possibly address these issues and outsourcing to a lead generation provider came up as the top and most preferred over others like buying/renting lists and adding in-house staff to multiply the job.
The Callbox Solution
Callbox and the Client possess a similar characteristic in terms of prospecting and handling customers – everything goes through evaluation and analysis before customizing the best-fit solution.
To ensure data accuracy, the Callbox team profiled the database. The contact details like email addresses, phone numbers, company name and address, SIC codes and social media accounts were updated.
You might wonder why the Client still employed Callbox’s email marketing service when they had an in-house process. Well, that’s because they found Callbox’s email marketing tactic much advanced and competitive compared to theirs. Callbox utilized its Pipeline Lead Nurture Tool to send out the catalogs to prospects. Replies and actions were tracked in real time – website visits, clicked links like the Q&A and download of the query forms.
Call to Follow Up
Replies and actions tracked were set as priority for the agent to call in order to probe further on the prospect’s concerns and set appointments for them with the Client’s sales consultants. Note that the consultants already have the knowledge about the prospect’s concerns prior to the appointment as all actions and queries – made via web, phone or email – were shared with them by the Callbox team.
To ensure that a solid appointment is set between the prospect and the Client’s consultant, the agent sent out a follow-up email to the prospect stating acknowledgement of the recent follow-up call and confirmation of the appointment. Along with the email, a calendar event is set copying both the prospect and the consultant to avoid missed appointments.
The email marketing campaign yielded a total of 720 replies out of the 4500 sent, a 50% increase from the previous average percentage from the Client’s in-house email marketing process.
Out of the 720 replies (website visits, clicked links, downloaded forms), 6% or 44 solid appointments were delivered while the remaining 676 were warm follow-ups that were worth nurturing.
Of the 44 leads, the Client was able to close 5 deals and is looking into 3 more closes before the year ends, pegging the close ratio for Callbox leads at an impressive 18%. The total of 8 closes would result to additional revenue for the Client upwards of $250,000.
The Client is a privately held corporation and is a premier provider of IT management solutions for businesses. The firm’s diverse product line, offered in a wide variety of capacity and application-specific configurations, can be scaled to support virtually any corporate environment.
The Client’s customers span a wide range of industries, and include Fortune 500 global enterprises. Their customer base is Medium to Large Enterprise businesses with complex, heterogeneous IT environments with stringent uptime and performance requirements. Today, over 40 customers with more than 5,000 total locations rely upon their products.
With their infrastructure ready to safely accommodate “many more” clients, they want to markedly increase highly qualified interest in their IT products, to produce enough leads to “boost sales to the next level.”
The Callbox Solution
The Client consulted Callbox. After reviewing their sales and marketing operations, Callbox immediately proposed deploying the Appointment and Lead Generation Program to realize their goal. Callbox started with an “out of the box” telemarketing campaign that would generate qualified/potential leads and appointments for the client on a daily basis. This was done by locating prospects, profiling, identifying decision makers, probing, qualifying targets, and pitching sales.
A script outline was developed which would serve as a guide for the agents to use in qualifying a prospect. It includes:
The sales generated as a direct result of the Callbox campaign exceeded projected revenues. Engaging Callbox to set appointments and generate leads effectively increased ROI and decreased transaction costs. It eliminated unnecessary costs incurred by the sales and marketing department by freeing them from calling dead ends and meeting unqualified clients.
The Client enjoyed the following benefits:
This case study is another success story showing that companies from various industries and strata benefit from Callbox’s target marketing to increase profitability and growth without sacrificing the quality of customer service.
|USA||+1 888.810.7464 Toll free|
|Australia||+61 2 9037.2248|
|New Zealand||+64 9914.3122|
|Hong Kong||+852 3678.6708|