ICT Leader Aced More Than A Thousand New Leads With Callbox’s ABM Appointment Setting Program
As a multinational company and one of the world’s top ICT brands, the Client specializes in advanced electronics technology. It’s core business focuses on fusing hardware, software and services to open up wider possibilities for businesses and consumers alike.
IT Managers, IT Directors, CTO, CEO
The Client has more than four decades of ICT experience and leadership. It started with service-oriented technologies and has kept the battle in its hands until it lost bearings in 2011 due to management hit-or-miss and tough market competition.
The ICT magnate saw a decline in their revenue and sagging interest from their customers with competitors’ rapid release of mobile devices that made them seem invisible in the market.
Although several innovations were launched to snatch their target customer’s interest back, the problem continued for a couple of years, resulting to difficulty in promoting their new line of products. This called for the client to outsource some of its functions, particularly sales and marketing.
- Successfully completed a 6-month Malaysia-wide, appointment setting campaign for an MY-based ICT company
- Revived the Client’s marketability through proven targeted outbound account-based strategy
- Exceeded key objectives in terms of best-fit accounts and highly-interested sales contacts delivered
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
Callbox and the Client built a detailed plan for a two-term account-based appointment setting campaign.
The thrust was for Callbox to get the Client’s sales specialists appointments with relevant IT purchase stakeholders, B2B prospects that have a need to purchase servers or PCs within three to six months time.
Account Research and Selection
- The Client specified target industries, employee size, decision makers and number of users.
- Callbox refined the Client’s ideal customer profile (ICP) which served as a basis for identifying which companies best qualify as target accounts.
- Callbox then compiled a list of potential accounts to target, which was reviewed and accepted by the Client.
Account and Contacts Profiling
- The Client provided buyer persona profiles of prospects they want the outbound campaign to engage. The profiles consisted of detailed demographic and firmographic segmentations.
- Two buyer personas were designated as the campaign’s primary targets: mid-level IT managers or directors and C-level IT decision makers.
- The master contact list was segmented based on these two personas and further grouped according to industry, business size, and technologies in use.
Multi-touch, Multi-channel Outreach
- The campaign combined phone and email channels to maximize engagement with the target prospects.
- The touches were carried out based on a combination of calling and email marketing interactions with live agents.
- Messaging (used in scripts, email copies, page content, ad copies, etc.) was tailored according to the buyer personas and contact segments.
The six-month campaign exceeded all key objectives set for the project: individual channels, main activities, and overall campaign.
The campaign produced the following results:
- Average appointments per day: 8
- Decision maker reach rate: 39%
- Accounts touched: 59,103
- Average touches per account: 3.35
- Total emails delivered: 21,164
Overall, the six-month campaign produced a total of 1,248 qualified appointments (sales-qualified leads).
The appointments delivered were best-qualified. Although the Client did not specify, they confirmed that the bulk of the leads were converted into new accounts.
Callbox was able to establish a good working relationship with the Client which resulted to two referrals from them.