With things constantly evolving in marketing, keeping up with the latest developments can feel like a full-time responsibility. That’s why we publish materials and resources that help you navigate the ever-changing marketing landscape. We want you to gain insights needed to drive results.
Here’s a list of our most popular eBooks. These serve as excellent references on various areas of modern B2B marketing—from how-to guides and best practices, all the way to industry trends and benchmarks.
So, browse through the selection and dive into a topic you like or include all titles into your reading list. These hot reads will help you become a better B2B marketer.
#1 Weeding Out Junk Leads With Predictive Lead Scoring
Not all leads are created equal. At any given moment, some leads are more qualified and sales-ready than others, while some will never become your customers. Assigning lead scores helps you manage and engage leads effectively. But, as the buying cycle becomes ever more complex, traditional ways of scoring and ranking leads are now starting to grow obsolete.
This eBook is a short primer to predictive lead scoring. Predictive lead scoring greatly extends what lead scores can do, and this guide teaches you everything you need to know to start using it in your marketing program.
#2 Why You Should Bet Your Money on Digital Marketing (And Win)
If you’re still holding out on digital marketing for some reason, this eBook will change your mind. Packed with real-world trends and statistics, this guide builds a solid argument for developing and executing a digital marketing strategy right now.
This whitepaper shows the value that digital marketing delivers. It talks about which tactics to focus on for different business stages and strategic goals. Most importantly, this guide helps you build a winning digital marketing strategy from scratch.
#3 New and Improved Ultimate Lead Generation Kit to Jumpstart your Business
Modern B2B lead generation can feel overwhelming and daunting to even the most experienced marketers. There’s simply too much in the way of information, tools, tactics, and strategies.
This latest edition of our lead generation kit untangles the complexities in the art and science of acquiring leads. It’s a step-by-step guide to building a fully-functioning lead generation engine. With this eBook, you’ll learn the lead generation process and the role that each lead-generating channel plays, as well as how to tie everything together with the right platform and people.
#4 15 Brilliant Web Design Hacks That Convert Traffic into Leads
Your website and landing pages are excellent sources of qualified leads. But it takes the right balance between content and design to maximize web conversions.
With the 15 web design practices cited in this eBook, you’ll be able to boost the number of leads generated from your web traffic. The 15 practical tips have been hand-picked based on solid science and concrete results, focusing on various design elements that influence conversions.
#5 40 B2B Sales Email Templates for Every Situation
Writing email copies for B2B sales takes up time and resources that are better spent elsewhere. To save you the trouble of crafting compelling sales emails, we’ve compiled 40 ready-to-use email templates in this downloadable PDF.
These 40 templates include emails for cold outreach, following up, lead nurturing, influencer marketing, and other situations that require email communications. These are proven email copies that have generated very good open rates, CTRs, reply rates, and conversions.
#6 Content Calendar Template
Content calendars translate your content marketing strategy into a workable plan. It’s a crucial component of any modern marketing program. Without it, you’re part of the 34% of marketers who don’t have a documented content marketing plan.
This downloadable content calendar template saves you the trouble of creating one from scratch so that you stay focused on producing compelling content.
#7 150+ Software/Tech Marketing Stats to Help You Plan for 2018
Although we’re already well within 2018, this eBook remains a valuable reference for marketers in the software and technology space. There’s still plenty of insights and ideas that the previous year can teach us.
We compiled this eBook by digging into more than 60 industry reports, selecting numbers that matter in planning and strategy development, and organizing the stats into 35 actionable insights.
Rebecca is the Business Development Executive at Callbox. She spearheaded successful projects in leveraging brand visibility. A vivid marketing blogger and a goal-oriented leader who enjoys sharing tips and stories.
Dial +61 2 9037 2248
In a White House dinner for Nobel Laureates several decades back, JFK famously said, “I think this is the most extraordinary collection of talent, of human knowledge, that has ever been gathered together at the White House, with the possible exception of when Thomas Jefferson dined alone.”
No disrespect to JFK, but this year’s Dreamforce, which is only a week from now, could be the single biggest gathering of influential tech and business minds outside of when Steve Jobs and Bill Gates dined together.
Funny thing is, that does not hint even a morsel of exaggeration.
It’s not often that mere mortals like us get to rub elbows (and perhaps, exchange numbers) with industry leaders and trailblazers, scientists and advocates and all the people we look up to such as Marc Benioff, Melinda Gates, Mark Cuban, Tony Robbins, and the head honchos of top companies and startups alike. It’s not often that we get to talk and compare notes with thousands of other people who speak the same jargon. If there’s no adjective that combines mind-blowing and awe-inspiring and electrifying with a dash of humbling, it’s about time they made one. Or they could just turn Dreamforce into that adjective.
Of course, Dreamforce is also the best venue and provides the best excuse to become a sponge and be curious – there are thousands of sessions to choose from and hundreds of hours of keynotes and trainings and workshops it’s like a Disneyland for tech guys and entrepreneurs. Even the rule here is elementary: Be so curious it borders on being stupid. Don’t worry, most participants are too busy learning every bit they can to judge.
Incredibly, that’s not the main reason the Callbox team is invading Dreamforce 2016.
More importantly, the Callbox team would like to take this opportunity to meet and thank our past and current clients for trusting us with their business, as well as win over potential partners who just have a couple of questions to ask. We would really appreciate to get up close and personal with you. So if you want to know about our latest innovations or how we’ve managed to lead the pack in lead generation especially for IT and software, you know where to find us starting October 5th. Don’t worry, we’ll make ourselves – and that includes our CEO, Rom Agustin, himself — available to you.
Coffee and leadgen sound just about right, and they’re on us.
Now, let’s walk the walk. We’re coming because of you, and we’re not asking much except for a minute of tete-a-tete. Who knows, signing up here could be one of best decisions in your life.
Get the latest updates on The Savvy Marketer’s Blog
“A rock star, a politician, and an entrepreneur walk into a bar…”
No, that’s not an introduction to an oft-heard bar room joke. That’s just a highly possible scenario in one of the most anticipated and participated tech events in the world – Dreamforce. On October 4-7 this year, the streets in downtown San Francisco are expected to swell from almost 200,000 participants not just from California and the US, but all over the world. And yes, some of them are rock stars, political figures, and business leaders.
What is Dreamforce?
Dreamforce is an annual customer conference hosted by Salesforce, a leading customer relationship management (CRM) and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) provider. It is also one of the largest gatherings of sales and marketing and tech people, IT professionals, developers, startups, entrepreneurs, executives, and pretty much anybody, actually, who’s interested in improving their company in terms of systems, processes, innovation, and of course, ROI. It’s a one-of-a-kind customer forum made up of more than 2,000 sessions and hundreds of hours of keynotes, trainings, and demos. Hillary Clinton, Colin Powell, Sir Richard Branson, Metallica, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Foo Fighters, and Bruno Mars have all graced an edition of Dreamforce. Really, it’s part conference, part festival, part concert, and part social gathering.
The Dreamforce website promises that, “… you’ll learn, connect, and grow. You’ll mingle with thought leaders, industry pioneers, and thousands of your peers, and you’ll walk away with knowledge, connections, and memories that last a lifetime. Best of all, you’ll have the time of your life…”
Great PR job by Dreamforce, but don’t take their word for it.
Be there and see and experience it yourself.
See, the Callbox team is also going to be there. Being one of the most trusted and recognized leaders in B2B lead generation, we thought you might want to personally ask us how we’ve managed to exceed our clients’ expectations year in and year out. Four of our executives, including our CEO, Rom Agustin would relish the opportunity to talk with you about the Callbox brand of lead generation, our vaunted SMART Calling program, the very efficient Callbox Pipeline Lead Nurture tool, or just about anything marketing. If you are or have been a client, we’d also love to meet you there and thank you for the partnership. Coffee’s on us!
And oh, did I mention one of the best live acts in the world is going to be there, too? Yes, U2 (Bono and the rest of the gang) is headlining DF16.
Believe me, I’d happily part with a few hundred dollars in exchange for a week of learning about the industry, getting all the product updates, and meeting like-minded people. Of course, getting a Dreamforce certification plus the possibility of snapping a selfie with Bono could’ve been reasons enough.
The Callbox Team will be there October 4 to 7. Schedule your meetup by clicking on this link:
We can’t wait to meet you!
Read more Callbox News and Events today!
Or get the latest updates on The Savvy Marketer’s Blog
Another habit of very successful telemarketing representativesis that they actually do some work. Unlike the average worker, these marketers really do their best when they are in the production floor. This could best explain their ability to generate a lot of sales leads at the end of the day. A little productiveness can be a real benefit for those involved in B2B leads generation. And usually, the ones that work a lot during their shift tends to finish their job earliest. You can do that too. All you need is to follow these simple tips:
- No phones – turn off your phones when you are already in your work station. Unless someone needs to contact you by phone, there is no need for it in the usual run of the day. Besides, if your phone receives a call, it can create a nasty feedback with your telemarketing equipment.
- No emails – checking emails is good, but doing that all the time will just waste your time. You can just open it at the start of the shift, and then check in again before the day ends. That would be enough to tell you if there are any tasks to be done.
- No gossip – really, that should be the last thing you should be doing, since it wastes a good amount of your time, not to mention giving you useless information. Better concentrate with your own lead generation work, which is a better idea.
Really, just do these things, and your appointment setting campaign will be all right.
There are many good habits that successful lead generation representatives can practice. The third point to consider would be the idea of going against the trends. Following trending topics is fine. Come to think of it, this is an important part of the marketing process. You need to know what is foremost in the customers’ mind, and use that knowledge to craft a better plan in generating qualified sales leads. Failure to do so would only weaken your appointment setting capabilities. What do you think made marketers stand out? What made Steve Jobs, Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, and Warren Buffett win?
They went against the flow.
Despite what the market trends showed, these people decided to go ahead with their revolutionary changes. The result is an astounding increase in sales and profits. Sure, these did not occur overnight, but the mere fact they went against conventions of their time changed the world we are living in today. Instead of following a sure trail, blazing a new path can bring you better results. It can be in the form of products you offer, or the marketing tools you use, even the likes of telemarketing. All these things can play a big role in your success in B2B leads.
Do not be afraid to go against the flow. Yes, the risk of failure is high, but the rewards you get if you succeed will more than make up for it. Just do your best, perform your research, and believe in what you do. That will give you success in your lead generation campaign.
While the above scenario may never happen, especially in a country like Australia, it is good to know what other options small and medium sized businesses can use to increase their chances of getting good sales leads from other firms. Besides, it can be good mental exercise for entrepreneurs who want to know what other marketing mediums they can employ to be more competitive in lead generation. Believe it or not, while some may sound too old-fashioned, they can still do a great job in getting the B2B leads that your business will need. Some of these are very simple, but they really work:
- Seminars and trade fairs – these occasions in Australia are good places to start, especially if you want to build a network of prospects that you can give a call later on during your appointment setting work.
- Telesales – while it may be true that some businesses shrink away from using this marketing medium, there is no denying that this is ideal in talking to business prospects (most of them prefer speaking with other people on the phone). It can be very useful in your negotiations.
- E-mail – If the information you wish to provide is too detailed or confusing on the phone, it is better to send these items through the mail. This is also a very affordable medium if you want to send a sales pitch to those who read it.
There are other marketing mediums that you can use, but the three mentioned above are your ideal options.
Patience is important in B2B telemarketing since results won’t just happen as soon as we would like them to. Imagine you are a professional telemarketer very eager to make a sale yet your prospect says “NO” or “NOT NOW.” You become disappointed. What you must realize is that your success or failure is a choice. There is nothing you can do to push these people to buy from you at that very moment. Sit back and wait it out. Give your prospects a week or two to decide. You can make a follow up call or send them an email. The point here is, you can learn the art of patience and you can be successful if you choose to.
One of the most admirable characteristics of the most successful telemarketers today is patience. This simply means, these marketers learn to work hard and do things over and over again until they get the results they want. In this blog, I will share just a few ways to help you be like them. Understand them and see if you qualify.
- Patient telemarketers stick with all their goals yet they don’t expect them to happen overnight. They know that time is their best asset and that all their goals can be achieved as long as they give themselves a realistic time frame.
- Patient telemarketers are not easily discouraged by momentary delays. They make use of this idle time to reevaluate themselves and to work on other important tasks. For example, they try to nurture the relationships they have with their prospects through social media or email. They do more in research and improve their calling scripts to be more effective.
- Patient telemarketers are not “pushy”. They don’t urge prospects to decide right away.
- Patient telemarketers plan their calls. They think well before they act, listen well before they speak and research well before they cold call. Consequently, they make wise and sound decisions.
Practicing patience is important not only in telemarketing, but also in B2B lead generation and B2B appointment setting. Remember business is a process and it takes time (sometimes longer time). Hang back and wait patiently. And when the perfect day comes your way, just grab it.
Everyone today is adopting social media. Be it a start-up business or a huge B2B company. Everyone likes to jump on the wagon to have their brands felt on social networks. Unfortunately, like other marketing channels out there, social media, is still not without its own set of growing pains. Most businesses today commit critical and costly mistakes when setting up their social media marketing campaign. So to help you, I’d like to discuss the top 3 mistakes in social media marketing and ways you can avoid them so you can get the biggest return for your marketing investment.
- Treating social media as “another promotional channel.” Have you ever been to a party and met someone who constantly talked about themselves? It’s a complete turn off really. Marketing in social media is very similar when done the wrong way. There’s more important thing you can do than just getting out of the sandbox and shouting into the open air your product or service. Engage with your audience. Listen to them. When you jump into conversations, and interact with people in your network, you are building relationships and creating an opportunity for your B2B company to generate business leads and sales.
- Lacking in perseverance. You will be successful in social media not because you are the best-looking and the most talented. Successful social media marketers are those that have the determination and perseverance to work hard and continue in spite of the challenges. It’s as simple as someone else who might had the opportunity to be successful, yet they gave up and you did not. Social media can make a big impact in your business (especially in B2B lead generation and appointment setting) but like anything, you need to have the perseverance and determination to make it successful. Just want to share this quotation from a post on Facebook, “When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long.”
- Not knowing the right social network for your business. Just because your friends are on Facebook , Pinterest, or Twitter , does not mean you have to. You have to figure out what social network works well and what does not for your company. For some companies, these social networks are not right for their business, and you can waste a lot of time on them too. If you offer products, then I suggest you use Pinterest, but if you look to reach out to B2B companies, LinkedIn and Facebook would be great.
The above are three of the most common mistakes today but there are a lot more so you need to figure them out and find ways to avoid them.
To have the best telemarketing campaigns that will yield high quality b2b sales leads for your business, you have to make sure that you’ve secured the important factors that make up a good telemarketing campaign. Aside from having a compelling, well-written telemarketing script, you need to have experienced professionals to do your cold calling for you. When choosing your telemarketers, you have the option of hiring a freelance telemarketer, or hiring one from a professional b2b telemarketing company. Whatever you choose and before you sign that contract, think about these two simple reminders to make sure you’re making the right choice for your company.
1. Never go for the cheapest option.
Cheap is as cheap gets. If you base your decisions simply on how much you will be able to save upfront, then you’re making your decisions all wrong. That “bargain” you thought you were privileged to get would sooner than later turn into a nightmare as you start dealing with incompetent telemarketers who cold call at their leisure, play games on your business prospects, and generally cause a failure of a telemarketing campaign. Yes, it was very much a “steal”. Those untrained freelancing telemarketers just took your money after you sealed the deal by paying half of the agreed sum; and you’ll probably never hear of them again. If you really want quality telemarketing services, remember that nothing comes for free. Though you may need to pay a considerable amount for the best service, you can rest assured that you will get the equal value of your payment through professionally trained b2b telemarketers, a responsible and capable team leader, strict quality analysts, a binding contract, and years of authentic industry experience.
2. Never hire when you’re in a rush.
Doing anything when pressed for time never results to anything more than satisfactory. As a business owner, you need to do proper research on anything before you finalize a deal. When looking to hire a business to business telemarketer for your campaigns, researching the experience of your applicants is really important to ensure the success of your telemarketing lead generation campaign. Even a reliable b2b telemarketing services provider needs to be questioned about their experience. You’ll know you’ve found a good one if the company is not shy to share their portfolio with you, or maybe give you a list of clients you can call. If you hire in a rush (which is never a good idea), there is a large chance that you will end up with a business scam, a freelancer who will disappear halfway through your campaign, or an amateur company whose telemarketers are still trying to figure out what VoIP actually means.
Before you decide to outsource your b2b appointment setting campaign to an appointment setting service provider, you have to take note of these 7 factors. Knowing these things about your BPO of choice is a must if you want your appointment setting campaign to be successful and ensure your ROI.
- Efficient appointment setting quality controls – When setting appointments, not just any business lead will do. Good b2b appointment setting campaigns only contact high quality b2b sales leads which are already pre qualified from the initial lead generation process.
- Source of the business list used for appointment setting – Bought lists can be used, but these tend to be sold to your competitors as well, which means your chances of finding qualified leads are slim. A good business list for appointment setting should be freshly sourced from organic searches.
- Scheduling coordination between appointment setter and client – shared calendars such as Google’s are a good choice for coordinating sales and appointment setter schedules, but to ensure that every member of the appointment setting team and the client company is well-coordinated, CRM software that have scheduling tools are a better choice.
- Script or content quality – just as expert b2b telemarketers use telemarketing scripts when cold calling b2b sales leads, good b2b appointment setters use scripts or content which have been tested before they are put into action on campaigns to make sure they deliver the desired results.
- Pay for performance appointment setting or fixed rate – while both methods have positive and negative points, pay for performance appointment setting service providers can be quite unreliable. Fixed rate appointment setters offer more security for companies who want to outsource.
- Reporting methods – knowing how a b2b appointment setting company reports about campaigns are important to make the most out of each campaign. To make reporting more specific to the data or information that a client wants to know, a CRM software containing all datas pertaining to the campaign that can be accessed by the client whenever and wherever he wants will make reporting completely hassle free.
- Appointment setters previous campaign metrics – b2b appointment setting service providers should share feedback from previous client campaigns to allow prospective clients to gauge their ability to successfully set business appointments. The portfolio of the BPO firm should be easy to spot in their website, or they should be readily available should the potential client ask for it.
Callbox enables companies gain a foothold in their priority markets by initiating conversations with prospects through the efficient and intelligent use of targeted touchpoints over six channels: voice, email, social, chat, website and mobile.